22.214.171.124. General information
The additional system of ensuring passive safety (SRS) includes two main subsystems:
– system of inflatable safety cushions with gas generators;
– electric system with sensors of blow and the module of diagnostics of malfunctions.
Fig. 1.143. SRS system of the Mazda 3 car: 1 – sensors of blow and diagnostic module (SAS); 2 – sensor of side blow; 3 – gas generator and safety cushion; 4 – sensor of frontal blow; 5 – gas generator and safety cushion; 6 – sensor of side blow
Inflatable pillows are established on the car in the following places: to a nave of a steering wheel, the forward panel (on the right side), backs of front seats (from doors), forward and back racks of a body, and also along edge of a ceiling over apertures of side doors. Safety cushions and inflatable blinds are established is reserved and are not visible until operation (fig. 1.143).
Systems of frontal and side safety cushions include up to 6 inflatable elements (the arrangement of safety cushions in the car is specified by marking of "SRS AIRBAG").
Additional systems of ensuring passive safety work independently the friend. If your car is equipped with side pillows and inflatable blinds, they, as a rule, do not work on both parties of the car in the same accident as the car not often is exposed to simultaneous blows from two parties. Usually side pillows and inflatable blinds do not work along with frontal safety cushions in one road accident. The exception is made by the road accidents in which the car is exposed to both frontal, and side blows.
Systems of inflatable safety cushions are intended only for ensuring additional passive protection of the driver and the forward passenger (at certain types of collision of the car), and also the passengers sitting on extreme places on back sitting (only at side blows of the car). Therefore on the run of the car the driver and all passengers need to be fastened by seat belts always.
If not to fasten a seat belt, then in case of the road accident of a safety cushion will not be able to provide effective protection. The fastened seat belt provides the following:
– keeps the driver or the passenger from a sharp forward rush in the inflated safety cushion;
– reduces probability of traumatizing at the road accidents in which operation of safety cushions is not provided, for example, when capsizing the car and at blow of the car behind;
– reduces probability of traumatizing at head-on and side crashes of the car which force is insufficient for operation of safety cushions;
– reduces probability of loss from the car;
– reduces probability of traumatizing the lower part of a trunk and legs at the road accident (safety cushions are not intended for protection of the specified parts of a body);
– holds the driver in situation which allows to control the movement of the car better.
If growth of the child does not allow to use a seat belt, it is necessary to put and to reliably record the child in the children's holding device.
Carefully pick up the children's holding device which suits your child. At installation follow instructions which are provided in this book and in the instruction of the manufacturer of the children's holding device.